920 NE 112th Ave, Suite #103
Vancouver, WA 98684
At Timberline Physical Therapy We Get Patients Back To Work!
At Timberline Physical Therapy we utilize evidenced based treatment, provided by highly skilled therapists, with a goal of 100% recovery and return to work.
- Physical Therapy
- Body mechanics
- Work Conditioning
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
Aggressive, individual based treatment from initial injury
to return to work.
- Pain relief
- Functional training
- Posture and body mechanic training
- Ergonomic assessment
- Work Specific training
- Post-offer testing
- Injury prevention
An intensive, goal-oriented conditioning program designed to restore neuromuscular and musculoskeletal function including strength, power, endurance, joint mobility, ROM, motor control, cardiovascular endurance, and functional abilities, to restore physical capacity and function enabling the patient to return to his or her pre-injury job.
- Bridges the gap between PT and physical demands of the job
- Minimizing return to work re-injury
- 2-4 hours per day 5 days per week
- Address active management techniques
- Specificity training with functional job specific work simulation
- Endurance and aerobic capacity training
Components of work conditioning
- Specific Flexibility Program
- Strengthening Program
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Therapeutic Activities
- Functional Job Simulation Activities
- Education/Body Mechanics/Ergonomics Training
Functional Capacity Evaluation
A functional capacity evaluation (FCE) provides a comprehensive evaluation that measures strength, endurance, physical demand work level, and positional tolerance. Objectively defining the injured employee’s physical capabilities.
- Improve the likelihood that the patient will be safe in subsequent job task performance,
- reducing the risk or re-injury
- Assist the patient to improve role performance through identification of functional decrements
- Determine the presence of disability so that a bureaucratic or juridical entity can assign, apportion, or deny financial and medical disability benefits.
- Evaluations are safe, reliable, valid, and practical
- When could FCEs be performed
- Pre-work Screen
- Functional Job Analysis
- After participating and completing work conditioning or work hardening program
- When reaching a plateau in physical therapy
- When reached maximum medical improvement (MMI)
- As part of an Independent Medical Exam (IME)
Copyright © 2017 Timberline Physical Therapy